Saturday, April 21, 2012

Star Wars: A New Hope

 

I have been waiting all week to write something about a sci-fi movie! I thought that, as my first sci-fi blog entry, I would write about the series-the magnificent work that I adore and bow down to- Star Wars.

I am completely biased when it comes to Star Wars because I am in love with it. I can tell you everything about it from the Old Republic up to the newest book that just got released. I side with the Sith- Darth Maul is my favorite Sith, besides Darth Bane and Darth Malgus... George Lucas is one of my favorite directors, but I have to say this: I am so disappointed that he made the most awesome character- Darth Maul- and then killed him off in the first movie (the only movie Maul shows up in). I know that I am not alone in this complaint, but other than that, I bow down to you Mr. Lucas for ever creating the series that has literally taken over my life...

Anyways, back to reviewing the movie. A New Hope is my personal favorite Star Wars movie out of all six. It is the oldest one, the first one to be made, but the best one. Sure, some of the effects are cheesy and one can spot many mistakes in the film, but to reiterate, it is the best. It was very sincere and the character development was very good. I loved the whole concept of A New Hope and I think that Lucas followed it very nicely with the next movie, The Empire Strikes Back.

One thing though. I found the relationship between Princess Leia and Luke a little disturbing seeing as how they are siblings, but I can overlook it since they have no idea that they are related to each other, let alone that their dad is Darth Vader, the one guy that they are working against.

Once again, thank you George Lucas for being the cause for my overactive imagination now-a-days!

No comments:

Post a Comment