Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Anastasia


Anastasia has to be my favorite animated movie. 

It is such a beautiful story filled with humour and darkness. I was so relieved to find an animated love story that wasn't all fluffy and love-at-first sight. It was my favorite movie when I was a child and remains that way till today, fourteen years later.

I love the humour of Rasputin, as evil as he is, along with his little white bat. The romance between Dmitri and Anya is very hesitant but that is what makes it more realistic than a "love at first sight" kind of romance. I thought that it was an absolute brilliant movie filled with rich colors, very in depth characters and beautiful songs (my favorites being Wonderful Journey and Once upon a December).

These days, animated movies hold nothing to the magnificent Anastasia.

No comments:

Post a Comment