Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jack and Jill


Adam Sandler dressed as a woman...enough said.

Sandler showed that he could rock a dress while double-dutching it up on a cruise ship, playing soccer with the boys and...running away from an obsessive Al Pacino?

Many critics absolutely hated this movie and I was surprised! I thought that it was extremely funny, though some of the humour seemed more for mature audiences than just a PG rating... Adam Sandler did seem to act better as a woman than as himself but all in all it was great.

What excited me the most was seeing different movie and TV stars and even the Subway spokesman guy pop up in different parts of the movie. Al Pacino was phenomenal and extremely creepy in the movie, but he was supposed to be so he did well. Just saying, I fell in love with the little Indian kid (Jack's adopted son from India). He was adorable.

Basically, Jack has a twin sister, Jill, who comes to visit every year. This year, she extends her stay and attracts a very creepy stalker in the form of Al Pacino. Jack comes to realize how much his sister loves him and how she just needs someone to return her love since everyone seems bent on hating her or teasing her (except for ol' Al...). In the end, she finds true love with Felipe, Jack's gardener I believe.

Many people said that the movie sucked, but I actually enjoyed it and it made me laugh. I love movies that make me laugh no matter how cheesy or bad they may seem. And, I have to say it, Adam did look quite pretty as a woman.

My Favorite Scene:

No comments:

Post a Comment