Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rango



I was watching Rango in my film class today and we were discussing it with our teacher. He said that this was one of the most unoriginal films out there, but that is why everyone loves it so much! It is such an awesome western film!

The animation quality is second to none! The details are just fantastic and everything is just so realistic even though its not. Rango has to be the best character to have ever been developed. A little lonely lizard with the world of imagination at his fingertips. He is so cute! Having Johnny Depp as the voice actor for Rango makes his character 500 times better!

Storyline:
 A chameleon named Rango gets stranded in the Mojave Desert. He meets an armadillo (squished in half) who tells him to journey to a town called Dirt in order to find water. Rango meets a young desert iguana named Beans who takes him to Dirt.

At this point, Rango actually doesn't have a name, but makes himself seemed empowered and amazing to the townspeople and after reading the back of a cactus juice bottle that said "Hecho en Durango", he cuts the last word in half and decides to call himself Rango. He is appointed as the town's sheriff in order to protect the innocent citizens from the nefarious hawk and snake enemies.

The water is rapidly disappearing (their form of currency) and it is Rango's job to save the town. Things happen (way too many things for me to type out...I'm tired) and Rango ends up bringing back the water after an encounter with someone whom he believes to be the spirit of the West. Jake the evil snake recognizes Rango as a worthy opponent and drags the double-crossing mayor of Dirt back into the desert.

This has to be one of the best animation films I have ever seen (full of cliches but cute none the less) and I would recommend that every person in the world should watch this unforgettable movie!

P.S. I did try to post yesterday because I typed out this entry for yesterday but blogger wouldn't let me post, so I stayed up past midnight hoping for it to let me post this, but it was super obstinate.So I am posting it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment