Thursday, April 19, 2012

Insidious

 

Astral projection (n) : the act of separating the astral body (spirit or consciousness) from the physical body and its journey into the universe

Traveling into the unknown is a concept that scares people. Traveling to the unknown in your sleep is even scarier. People have claimed that they have experienced an OBE (out of body experience) where they have actually seen themselves sleeping. This can be achieved through lucid dreaming, or being aware that you are dreaming.

Insidious is filled with creatures of the dark, spirits that hunt to kill, for their own satisfaction in seeing the distress of their victims and feed on the fear they fill people's hearts with. There are a few innocent spirits who only long to be able to be part of the mortal world again but their supernatural form is still something scary.

When a young boy subconsciously astral projects himself to a place from which he can't escape, his father must astral project as well to rescue his son. He and his family must fight demons who intend to steal the boy's body just to cause unimaginable grief to the family. 

I have a thing for horror movies, but the thing is, these days horror movies are a joke. They are not scary and they have no plot line at all...but Insidious incorporated a whole different idea into the story.  I loved it. This film kept me scared for days and to me, anything that can scare me days after I watch it is a success. I have to admit, the main demon spirit looked a lot like Darth Maul which made me laugh a little, but I loved the whole concept withing the movie. It seems so real since many people try and claim to have astral projected before. It is something I definitely want to try (crazy , I know) but as long as I'm not alone...and it can't be dark...  

To be honest with you, I picked the least scary picture to put on here because I got a little creeped out while looking for pictures...ya it still gives me the creeps even months after I watched the movie...that's the sign of a good horror movie for ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment