Friday, May 4, 2012

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

Well... MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

Heh. So in honour of May 4th, I thought I'd stick with the theme and  dedicate this day to another Star Wars Movie- the first one in the series.

Basically, the is first out of three movies which makes up the sequel for the three movies George Lucas created in the 1980's ("The Empire Strikes Back" and the other two). I love the whole Star Wars series, but this has to have been my least favorite. Honestly, sometimes I think that Lucas should have just left the 4th 5th and 6th episode alone, and not added the first three. But, anyways, what's done is done and it's nice to be able to at least be able to know what the back story is.

"The Phantom Menace" revolves around the life of Anakin Skywalker a.k.a the future Darth Vader. Believed to be concieved by the midichlorians (holders of the Force) themselves, Anakin is thought to be the one to fulfill the prophesy. Jedi Master Qui-Gon and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi, take Ani to the Jedi Temple, in hopes of being able to train him in the ways of the Force.

This movie was filmed well. My favorite scene is the underwater scene, where Jar-Jar, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are traveling through the core of the planet Naboo in order to reach the surface. I love the huge fishes that try to eat them. I have to admit, the CGI is really good and I enjoyed it thoroughly. All in all, I am still a dedicated Star Wars SuperFan, and I love the series. Only thing I HAVE TO complain about...Lucas killing of Darth Maul in the first movie itself...

I mean, who does that. Darth Maul was probably the best character Lucas came up with- the most epic character- and then he kills Maul off! This guy barely had two lines in the movie, excluding the grunts and other noises he made. Couldn't he at least have lasted for a while. I know I am not alone in this opinion, but you know what? Oh well. Still a great series.

No comments:

Post a Comment