Monday, July 16, 2012

Catching Up...Continued

I have indeed watched many TV shows and movies this summer so far. In fact, during the first weeks of summer, I got into this strange horror movie addiction. Every night, for two weeks, I would sit down and watch a horror movie, whether with my friends, my family or by myself. Granted, I couldn't sleep for a good week, but it was so worth it. Here is a list of the horror movies I watched:

THE DEVIL INSIDE

I had really wanted to watch this movie ever since I first heard about it. Major letdown. This movie was absolute crap. I don't normally bash on movies because I really love watching all sorts of movies, but this one...urgh! It was horrible. Not to say that it didn't scare me because I actually didn't sleep all night, but it was stupid. No wonder no one liked it. It ended suddenly, had no story line, tried too hard and completely failed. You really couldn't see where this movie was going.

GRAVE ENCOUNTERS

This was the least frightening picture that I could find...
Now this is a movie that I thoroughly enjoyed. Not many horror movies can be scary while entertaining, but this one managed to achieve both. It was truly terrifying but in a way that I loved it. The whole concept was so twisted and creepy and it really burrows itself in your mind causing you to wonder if something like that could actually ever happen.

Imagine locking yourself up in a supposedly haunted ancient insane asylum with your friends. Fun with a little creepiness right? Now imagine that day never came no matter what time your phone told you it was. It always remained dark, the rooms and hallways changed around you and paranormal things begin to happen. Now imagine that your friends are getting picked off one by one in the most horrible and gruesome ways. Yes, not as fun as you'd imagined right? Imagine seeing actual ghosts...no not Casper the ghost...no. These are the worst things every to be revealed to man. Also, these ghosts are from within the asylum themselves making them...you guessed it- insane. Now finally, imagine that you have managed to record everything on a camera. No need to imagine. It has already been recorded, ready for you to witness. For a horror movie, this is great! I recommend watching it. The only drawback is that they drop A LOT of f-bombs, but its understandable seeing how scared they are. 

THE SHRINE

At first, while watching this movie, you sit there and wonder... the only thing scary about this movie is how bad the acting is. But by the end, this movie really develops. Its not the best movie, but the story is actually interesting if you think about it. I don't have anything bad to say about the movie but not much was good either. You can watch it if you feel like it, or if you want to tell your friends you watched a "horror" movie without actually having to experience the horror...

TV SHOWS

I have been watching a lot of tv shows, keepin up with new episodes each week. I won't go through each in detail, but here are some:

Food :
-Food Network Star
-Cupcake Wars
-Chopped
-Hell's Kitchen
-Master Chef

 Serials:
- Law and Order: Criminal Intent
-House
-Doctor Who
-Merlin
-Royal Pains
-Phineas and Ferb
-How I Met your Mother
-Whose Line is it Anyway?

...and that's just to name a few!



No comments:

Post a Comment